|Type of Activity:||Study Abroad||Class Standing at Time of Enrollment:||1.5 second semester freshman, 2 first semester sophomore, 2.5 second semester sophomore, 3 first semester junior, 3.5 second semester junior|
Summer Abroad Credit for Designated (non-Yale) Programs
The Summer Abroad Credit for Designated (non-Yale) Programs application is the process by which students apply to earn general Yale credit for study abroad on non-Yale programs during the summer. Students can choose from more than 90 designated programs listed in the CIPE database. Retroactive applications for Yale credit for coursework completed abroad during the summer will not be accepted. All students must apply before going abroad, and by the deadline below.
Applying to study abroad through a designated (non-Yale) program is a simultaneous two-step process:
- Application for Admission into Program/University: Apply directly to the university or program abroad that you would like to attend. You can access that application and deadline information from the program's website. Please note that program application deadlines may be earlier or later than the application to apply for Yale credit.
- Application for Summer Abroad Credit for Designated (non-Yale) Programs: To apply to earn general Yale credit for your participation in a designated (non-Yale) program, click on the "Start Applying" button at the top of this page.
Summer Abroad Deadline: March 1st
Important: If you plan to use International Summer Award (ISA) funding for this program, you must be earning Yale credit. This means that you must complete both:
- Summer Abroad Credit for Designated (non-Yale) Programs application by March 1st
- International Summer Award application by May 1st
Review the Summer Abroad Credit for Designated (non-Yale) Programs website to learn more about the application process, advising hours, academic credit, and financial aid transfer.
Visit the Helpful Resources page to:
- Schedule a meeting with a study abroad adviser
- Read program reports from Yale students who have studied abroad
- Sign up for the Study Abroad Newsletter
- Access the CIPE calendar of events
- Download the Study Abroad Handbook
|Dates and Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||Application Deadline||Decision Date||Program Start Date||Program End Date|
|Summer||2015||03/01/2015 **||Rolling Admission||05/15/2015||08/15/2015|
|NOTE: These dates are listed for Yale administrative purposes only. Please check the program or university's web site directly for exact start and end dates, and deadlines.|
** This program has a rolling admission application process. Students will be notified of acceptance as decisions are made. Students accepted to the program will be able to immediately view pre-departure information and materials through this website.
Indicates that the deadline has passed.