The Yale Summer Session Courses Abroad are Yale courses being taught outside the United States and are not open to high school students.
Application opens: Sunday, December 15, 2013 Application deadline: Saturday, February 15, 2014
1. If you plan to attend a Yale summer program abroad and also wish to submit an application for a summer course on the New Haven campus, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org submitting either application form.
2. To start an application click on the “Start Applying” button above or below. If you are a Yale student, you will be asked for your NetID and password. If you are a non-Yale student, you will be asked for an email address.
3. Once you log into the Center for International and Professional Experience website, your “My CIPE” account will be created automatically (Yale students). Non-Yale students will be prompted to enter basic information to complete their profile.
4. On the right hand side of your profile page you’ll see “Items to Complete or Submit to the Program Office,” “Items Requiring Your Agreement” and “Items/Forms to Complete Online.” You must complete all items for your application to be considered complete.
5. Complete and submit the (Yale Summer Session) Application Form as well as the (Yale Summer Session) Emergency Contact Information; read and indicate your agreement of the Program Deposit Acknowledgement; and pay the $55 Application Fee. Your application will not be processed until all items are marked complete.
6.Non-Yale students must also submit a current official transcript, which must be mailed to our office. Mailing information is found here.
7. You will know your application is complete when the boxes are checked off as “completed.”
8. Login to your Center for International and Professional Experience profile (“My CIPE”) frequently to check for updates.
9. The application deadline for all study abroad programs is Saturday, February 15, 2014. Admission decisions will be made after the application deadline.
10. Students will be notified by e-mail of a status change in their "My CIPE" profile after March 10. Decisions will not be given over the telephone.
Admittance to Yale Summer Session does not imply admission to any other school or program of Yale University. Enrollment in Yale Summer Session does not satisfy a term of residency in Yale College regardless of the number of credits earned.
• Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and have completed one year of college. Non-degree-seeking students who wish to apply must have a bachelor of arts or science.
• Yale students admitted to a course must attend an on-campus orientation during the spring semester or at the beginning of the on-campus portion of the course (8-week courses only). Upon admittance to a program, non-Yale students must indicate whether they will be able to attend the campus orientation. Yale Summer Session will contact those non-Yale students unable to attend.
• All Yale Summer Courses Abroad programs carry a non-refundable $200 program deposit that will be charged upon admittance into the program. Tuition, international housing, and any other applicable fees are due no later than two weeks before the start of the course. The program deposit is non-refundable after February 15. See the individual program web pages for specific cost information.
• Yale Summer Session reserves the right to cancel any program if enrollment is insufficient. In the event of cancellation, all program deposit, tuition, international housing, and program fee payments will be fully refunded.
Dates and Deadlines:
Read the program description to learn more about the application process.