|Website:||Click to visit|
|Type of Activity:||Study Abroad||Housing Options:||University housing|
|Program Structure:||Direct enrollment||Class Standing at Time of Enrollment:||2.5 second semester sophomore, 3 first semester junior, 3.5 second semester junior|
|Fields of Study:||Engineering, Environmental Studies, Humanities, Life & Physical Sciences, Mathematics & Computer Science, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Studio & Performing Arts||Minimum GPA Required:||3.0|
Minimum Semesters of
Language Study Required
(Yale or equivalent):
The University of Edinburgh was established in 1582. Set against a backdrop of stunning architecture, Edinburgh is a welcoming, cosmopolitan city, with the countryside and coastline just a short journey away. Edinburgh offers visiting students a range of courses in subject areas from 19 different schools. You can study at Edinburgh for the full academic year or either the autumn (fall) or spring semester.
Other Information: Students are required to take all end of year/term exams.
Additional Application Information: Students may also apply to the University of Edinburgh through Arcadia Global Studies or IFSA Butler.
Applying to study abroad through a designated (non-Yale) program is a simultaneous two-step process:
Application for Admission into Program/University: Apply directly to the university or program abroad that you would like to attend. You can access that application and deadline information from the program's website. Please note that program deadlines may be earlier or later than the application to apply for Yale credit.
- Yale Year or Term Abroad Application for Credit: To earn general Yale credit for a non-Yale program, you must also complete the Yale Year or Term Abroad application by the relevant deadline:
- Schedule a meeting with a study abroad adviser
- Read program reports from Yale students who have studied abroad
- Sign up for the Study Abroad Newsletter
- Access the CIPE calendar of events
- Download the Study Abroad Handbook
|Dates and Deadlines:|